What is the “West Bank” and “East Jerusalem”?
The «West Bank» is used as a specification on the «occupied» territory in Israel, controlled by the Palestinian Authority (PA). This is the area they will possess as a Starting Point for their new independent state. The name refers to the west bank of the River Jordan.
The goal is of course to take all the land of Israel into their possession. Many muslim arabs do not accept a jewish state. It is a spiritual fight, a war between religions.
The West Bank is in reality Judea and Samaria, the Biblical core areas in Israel. It is within the same land God promised to Abraham, Isaac and Jacob and their descendants to the end of time. East Jerusalem is the Biblical Jerusalem. If you see pictures from Jerusalem before the state of Israel was proclaimed in 1948, the western part of jerusalem was totally empty.
What do we find of Biblical places on the «west bank»? Here is a list of some of the most known places from the Bible:
- Hebron – Where Abraham baught the Makpela cave (Abraham, Sara, Isac og Jacob is burid there)
- Sikem – the location of the tomb of Joseph and the Well of Jacob. Jesus met the Samaritan woman by the well of Jacob
- Shilo -Israels first capitol established by Joshua where the judges ruled in 369 years
- Bet El – where Jacob had his dream and build an altar for God
- Mt Garisim – the Mountain of Blessings. Wine yards are now planted here, see Jeremiah 31:5
- Mt.Ebal – The Mountain of Course, where Joshua build the first altar to God in the promised land after the exodus from Egypt. The altar was recently discovered.
- Elon Moreh – Where God promised the land to Abraham
- Bethlehem – where the sacrificial sheeps of temple where raised and Jesus where born according to the scripures.
- Ai – Where the Temple wine where produced
- Rama – where the prophet Samuel lived and the location of his tomb
- Mt Ephraim
- the land of Benyamin
- The list can go on and on.. Take a look on this map and see if you can recognize more places you know from the Bible:
Jesus says in Acs 1:6-8:
Therefore, when they had come together, they asked Him, saying, “Lord, will You at this time restore the kingdom to Israel?” And He said to them, “It is not for you to know times or seasons which the Father has put in His own authority. But you shall receive power when the Holy Spirit has come upon you; and you shall be witnesses to Me in Jerusalem, and in all Judea and Samaria, and to the end of the earth.”
It is all about the Kingdom of God. Yeshua Messiah (Jesus Christ) will soon return and establish his divine kingdom on earth. And he will rule from Jerusalem. No wonder the enemy will possess this areas.
“East Jerusalem” that everyone want to give to “Palestine” as the capital is the original Biblical Jerusalem. And the “West Bank” is Judea and Samaria.
When shall we christian believers wake up and defend this areas?
Author: Jostein Skevik
Share this Post